Exhibitor Guidelines, Protocol & Responsibilities
These guidelines may change or be altered at any time leading up to the events based on public health guidelines and other factors.
*Nothing is Final at This Time*
We will be relying on the responsible actions of exhibitors leading up to and during the shows to make these events happen. We will do everything we can, but need each and every exhibitor to do their part as well. Remember, the safer we make the public feel being at the show, the better it will be for everyone.
- In order to allocate as much of our capacity for attendees while abiding by physical distancing guidelines, companies exhibiting at the show will be limited to one (1) staff member per single booth space (8×8, 8×10, 10×10); larger booth spaces (double booth or more) will be permitted a maximum of two (2) staff members in booth at any time.
- Any staff member showing ANY signs of illness within 14 days of the event CANNOT work the show. This also applies to staff who have been in close contact with aforementioned staff member as well.
- We request that the number of individuals working your booth is kept to minimum throughout the show. Excessive staff turnover coming and going each day WILL NOT be permitted.
- Exhibitors will be required to implement regular cleaning/sanitization of booth spaces, surfaces, and materials as needed, especially in regards to ‘high touch’ and communal surfaces/items; i.e. POS terminal
- Certain ‘high-touch’ items may be banned; i.e. candy bowls, communal pens for draw slips, and other self-serve items.
- We suggest the use of PPPE (not required) in booth space by all exhibitors. Not only for safety purposes, but again for the added benefit that more attendees will feel comfortable stopping to talk with those who are taking the most precautions. The more comfortable you can make customers, the higher your chance of making a sale or getting a lead will be.
- We ask that exhibitors refrain from leaving their booth space unnecessarily during show hours, with the exception of washroom breaks, getting food, or going to vehicle for additional materials/stock.
- No congregating of exhibitors in communal spaces, aisles, booth spaces, etc.
- Designated move-in/move-out time slots may be assigned – TBA
- No show supplied, communal carts/dollies/flat decks. We will have these available for heavy objects, but show staff will push/steer in order to limit contact on handles, etc.
- Show management may not be able to lend out items; i.e. screwdriver, tape, etc. Please ensure you bring all required items with you for set-up/tear-down
- NO REMOVAL OF BOOTH ITEMS PRIOR TO ROLLING UP OF AISLE CARPETS. Once Show Staff is out fo the way, exhibitors may commence display removal.
Food & Beverage Vendors
- Food & Beverage vendors/services will need approval by show management on a case-by-case basis to exhibit in the show.
- Any exhibitor selling of sampling food/beverage on-site will be required to follow all WorkSafeBC, BCCDC, and Health Authority approved COVID-19 guidelines and regulations for their industry. This includes necessary PPE, etc.
Personal Services (i.e. Massages, Cosmetics, etc)
- Personal Service vendors/services will need approval by show management on a case-by-case basis to exhibit in the show.
- Any exhibitor providing/applying these services on-site will be required to follow all WorkSafeBC, BCCDC, and Health Authority approved COVID-19 guidelines and regulations for their industry. This includes necessary PPE, etc.